Violent Crime Defense Lawyer with History of Felony Not Guilty Verdicts at Trial
I am lawyer Bradley S. Sandler, practicing criminal defense in the Los Angeles area. I have successfully defended clients charged with misdemeanors and felonies in numerous courthouses throughout California. We handle all Violent Crimes in Beverly Hills and throughout California.
I help clients at all stages of the criminal proceedings, including, but not limited to: prefile/charge investigations, warrants, probation and parole violations, bailment hearings, arraignments, pleas, all pretrial and evidence suppression motions, trials, writs, appeals, expungement, rehabilitation, alternative sentencing, and sealing of adult and juvenile criminal records.
Aggressive and Zealous Defense of Serious and Violent Offenses
It is critical to hire a criminal defense attorney who is willing to go to trial or fight for your rights until the gavel drops. I assist people facing bench warrants and those who have been arrested on allegations of violent crimes such as:
- Assault, assault with a deadly weapon and battery, unlawful use of a firearm or weapon
- Public intoxication and disturbing the peace
- Burglary and robbery
- Criminal threats, including felony terroristic threats
- Domestic Violence
- Murder, homicide with a vehicle and other crimes involving a killing
I also represent clients in cases involving:
- Juvenile crimes
- Probation and parole violations
- Reductions of felonies to misdemeanors
Many cases can be dismissed with the help of an aggressive criminal defense lawyer. I have experience with filing motions regarding illegal searches and seizures under Penal Code Section 1538.5. I have successfully filed motions to suppress evidence for illegal searches and seizures, and I have knowledge of alternative sentencing techniques.
Gang Crimes and Enhancements
California has a reputation for being home to the most notorious and violent gangs in the World. The laws and enhancements regarding gang violence and crime in California are specific and provide for lengthy sentences due to gang related activity.
Mr. Sandler has defeated numerous gang enhancements successfully prior to trial and at trial. Our firm has dealt with gang crimes involving shootings, robberies, drug sales, violence and a myriad of other offenses. Our firm also assist parents of gang members, who may be charged under Penal Code Penal § 272 for failing to supervise their child. Penal Code §186.22 provides an enhancement for numerous crimes and activity that is done in furtherance of or for the benefit of the gang.
Prosecutors must prove you are in a gang and are acting to benefit the gang. It is not a crime to be in a gang standing alone, unless a person commits an act in furtherance of the gang or to benefit the gang. Common examples are drug sales for money to support gang activity, or violence to establish territory and presence. Misdemeanors committed for the benefit the gang can be charged as a felony and lead to an enhancement as well.
The most common gang offenses and enhancements our firm handles are as follows:
- Murder Penal Code §187, 10 year Gang Enhancement
- Murder in second degree, without premeditation, 10 year gang enhancement
- Voluntary Manslaughter, Penal Code §192, 10 year gang enhancement
- Attempted murder §664/187, 10 year gang enhancement
- Accessory after the fact Penal Code §32, 4 year gang enhancement
- Drive by shooting, Penal Code Section §246, 15 years for the gang enhancement
- Carry a gun in a public place by a gang member, Penal Code Section §12025, 4 year gang enhancement
- Assault with a deadly weapon Penal Code§ 245 (a) (1), 5 year gang enhancement
- Assault by the means to create Great Bodily Injury Penal Code§ 245, 4 year gang enhancement
- Threats to commit death or great bodily injury Penal Code §422, 5 year gang enhancement
- Threatening or dissuading a witness Penal Code §136.1 means, 7 year gang enhancement
- Burglary Penal Code §459 , If someone is home when you break in, the gang enhancement is 10 years. If no one is home, 5 years
- Receiving stolen property Penal Code §496, 4 year gang enhancement = 7 years max.
- Possession of a controlled substance Health and safety Code §11337 and §11350, 4 year gang enhancement
- Sale or possession for sale of a controlled substance, 4 year gang enhancement
The enhancements are often lengthier than the underlying crime charged. If you or a loved one is charged with a gang related offense, it is imperative to retain experienced gang charges defense counsel immediately. Our firm is successful with proving individuals do not belong to a gang and were not acting in furtherance of a gang.
Call Los Angeles Gang defense lawyer Bradley S. Sandler today for a free consultation to discuss the ramifications of these serious charges and the options to fight for your freedom and justice. Please contact the Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler A Professional Corporation by phone at 310-246-3900 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.