When handling a family law issue in the Los Angeles area, it can be difficult to know where to start or even what resources are available. The following provides some basic information about the Los Angeles family court system, helpful links, petition forms, and more to help you with your family law questions. At the Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler, we help our clients every day with managing their complex family law matters, and we can help you, too.
Los Angeles Courthouse Locations
There are currently 12 courthouses in the Los Angeles area that serve family law matters. The names and locations are as follows:
- Central Civil West Courthouse: 600 South Commonwealth Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90005
- Chatsworth Courthouse: 9425 Penfield Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311
- Compton Courthouse: 200 West Compton Blvd., Compton, CA 90220
- Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse: 275 Magnolia, Long Beach, CA 90802
- Michael Antonovich Antelope Valley Courthouse: 42011 4th Street West, Lancaster, CA 93534
- Pasadena Courthouse: 300 East Walnut Street, Pasadena, CA 91101
- Pomona Courthouse South: 400 Civic Center Plaza, Pomona, CA 91766
- Santa Monica Courthouse: 1725 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Stanley Mosk Courthouse: 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Torrance Courthouse: 825 Maple Ave., Torrance, CA 90503
- Van Nuys Courthouse East: 6230 Sylmar Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Whittier Courthouse: 7339 South Painter Ave., Whittier, CA 90602
Divorce and Family Law Links
The following links provide some helpful information regarding the divorce process in Los Angeles:
Divorce and Parentage Petition Forms
When filing for divorce or establishing the parentage of a child, the court requires that certain forms be filled out before moving forward with the issue. The links below are to some of the forms that may be necessary for your family law matter.
- Divorce Petition: Marriage/Domestic Partnership (FL-100)
- Summons: Family Law (FL-110)
- Proof of Service of Summons (FL-115)
- Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (FL-105/GC120)
- Property Declaration (FL-311)
- Petition to Establish Parental Relationship (FL-200)
Child support can be one of the most contested issues in a divorce, and the Los Angeles courts mandate that parents go through a mediation orientation program before resolving the matter. This, and links to other resources regarding child support, can be found below.
The following are links to other family-related agencies that may be able to help you with your family law matter or provide you with additional information about your family law-related matter.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- 211 LA County
- California Courts Self-Help Center
- Los Angeles County Children and Family Services
Contact Bradley S. Sandler Today
If you need assistance navigating the complex process of divorce, parentage issues, child support, custody, or other family law matters the Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler is here to help. Call our office or contact us today to schedule a consultation of your case.