Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Divorce Attorney
If you are considering a divorce, speak with a Beverly Hills and Los Angeles divorce lawyer at The Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler. We have successfully handled many divorce cases and will put this experience to work for you. Even when spouses agree that divorce is imminent, the details can become overwhelming. That is why our Los Angeles divorce attorney focuses on carrying the weight of your separating circumstances, so you can make informed decisions about your future.
California Divorce Overview
California Family Code § 2300 defines divorce, or dissolution of marriage, as a judge’s order that effectively “restore[s] the parties to the state of unmarried persons.” Declared single again, divorcees face far-reaching, life-altering consequences and changes in their rights and duties.
Residency Requirements for Divorce in California
Under California Family Code § 2320, for a judge to grant a divorce in California, one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for six months, and of the county where filing for at least three months. An exception to this rule is permitted in the case of nullity proceedings, legal separation, or same-sex marriage. Speak with a Beverly Hills and Los Angeles divorce lawyer The Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler if you have questions regarding California’s residency requirement.
Los Angeles Divorce Attorney Providing Comprehensive Separation Legal Services
- Domestic Partnerships: In California domestic partnerships are available to same-sex couples and certain opposite-sex couples.
- Divorce Strategies: Our Beverly Hills divorce attorney has been in the business for more than 20 years. We know what strategies work and can apply them to your complex divorce and family law matters.
- Divorce Mediation: Mediation may be your best option if you and your spouse can agree on some, but not all, aspects of your divorce. In mediation, you, and your spouse with the guidance of your attorneys, sit down with a neutral third party known as a mediator. The mediator works with you and your spouse, both individually and together, to help you move toward mutually agreeable solutions.
- High Net Worth Divorce: When you and your spouse have high-net-worth assets, it can be difficult to agree on how property and other valuables should be divided. It’s important to work with a Los Angeles divorce attorney who has extensive experience handling high-net-worth divorce cases.
- Spousal Support: Spousal support can be awarded to help the lower-earning spouse maintain their lifestyle and get back on their feet after a divorce.
- Gray Divorce: Divorce for older people is commonly called gray divorce, and it poses unique challenges. Our Los Angeles divorce attorney can provide the advice and assistance you need to end your marriage later in life.
- Retirement Considerations in a Divorce: Retirement benefits can pose a problem when you get divorced. You’ve worked hard your entire career to ensure you can maintain your lifestyle after retirement. We can work together to help ensure your retirement funds are part of your divorce negotiations.
- Property Division in Divorce: Unless you have a prenuptial agreement dictating how assets will be divided, state law gives each spouse an equal interest in all marital property.
- Business Valuation: It can be difficult to put a specific value on business interests and intellectual property rights. We advise you to work with a Los Angeles divorce attorney who has extensive experience handling business valuation cases.
- Divorce Assets for Public Figures and Entertainers: We understand that divorce is a highly personal and intimate matter that should not be a public affair. We will go to great lengths to ensure that the details of our celebrity clients’ divorce remain confidential.
How Our Los Angeles Divorce Attorney Can Help – Call Today for Free Consultation
Your Los Angeles divorce lawyer can negotiate your divorce settlement with your spouse and his or her attorneys while you focus on the future. If you need further assistance, please contact us today for a free consultation by calling 310-246-3900 today for your initial free consultation.