Beverly Hills Drug Crime Defense Lawyers Put the Prosecution’s Evidence to the Test in Each Matter
An individual may be subject to criminal sanctions arising from any one of a number of wrongful acts involving controlled substances. As an example, it is a violation of federal law to manufacture, distribute, dispense, or possess with intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense, a controlled substance or a counterfeit substance. Most federal drug prosecutions are for possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance. The majority of Los Angeles drug crimes involve the following drugs:
- Cocaine base (crack)
In many jurisdictions, to be convicted of possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance, an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) must present evidence that when submitted to a jury or judge would prove beyond a reasonable doubt:
- Defendant knowingly possessed a controlled substance
- Substance was in fact a controlled substance
- Defendant possessed the substance with the intent to distribute it
- Substance was at least of a certain quantity
Fighting Los Angeles Drug Crime Charges
Bradley S. Sandler is one of California’s prominent drug crime defenders. California has some of the most stringent drug laws in the United States. Moreover, California has become increasingly tough on drug crimes since the war on drugs began in the 1980s.
California Health and Safety Code provisions enumerate the various laws covering California drug crimes, including drug possession, trafficking, dealing, manufacturing, distributing and transporting. Health and Safety Code violations have differing punishments and can be filed as misdemeanors or felonies in most cases. Some drug crimes can be reduced to infractions or dismissed completely with an aggressive criminal defense attorney. Many drug-related misdemeanors result in probation, fines, community service or jail time. Some felony drug charges can result in lengthy prison sentences unless you hire an experienced criminal defense team.
The Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler A Professional Corporation is familiar with federal and state search and seizure laws, in addition to constitutional guaranteed rights, amendment rights (fourth, fifth and sixth amendments under the federal constitution and 14th Amendment under the state constitution).
Oftentimes, media and prosecutors portray successful constitutional challenges to illegal searches and seizures as a dismissal based on a technicality. Your constitutional rights are not a technicality!
Guaranteed Constitutional Rights
I am Bradley S. Sandler, and I believe your constitutional rights are your guarantee to be free from unlawful government intrusion of your freedom. Our firm has suppressed evidence numerous times for violations of our clients under the United States Constitution. We are a Southern California criminal defense law firm with expertise in California Penal Code sections 1538.5 and 1539 and the United States Constitution.
- Has your home or vehicle been searched with or without a warrant?
- Has your phone been tapped?
- Are you the target of an undercover sting operation?
- Was an illegal search committed by law enforcement?
- Were you unlawfully arrested?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, contact the Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler A Professional Corporation to fight the government, restore your dignity and recover your personal possessions.
Health and Safety Codes For Drug Possession Laws in California
Below is a list of the health and safety codes for drug possession laws in California. The charges vary from felony to misdemeanor or infractions under California laws.
- Health and Safety Code Sections 11350-11379
- Health and Safety Code Section 11350 possession of opium or cocaine or any derivative thereof is a felony under California law.
- Health and Safety Code Section 11357(a) possession of any concentrated form of cannabis (hashish) is a felony or misdemeanor under California Law.
- Health and Safety Code Section 11357(b) possession of less than 28.5 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor or infraction under California law. Health and Safety Code Section 11364 possession of paraphernalia for injecting or smoking a controlled substance is considered a misdemeanor under California law.
- Health and Safety Code Section 11377 possession of “Dangerous drugs” such as PCP, LSD, Ketamine and Methamphetamine is a felony or misdemeanor under California Law.
- Manufacturing and Sales Health and Safety Code Section 11351 possession for sale of opium or cocaine or any derivative is a felony under California law.
- Health and Safety Code Section 11355 sale or transportation of opium or cocaine or their derivatives is a felony under California law.
- Health and Safety Code Section 11378 possession for sale of “Dangerous drugs” such as PCP, LSD, Ketamine and Methamphetamine is a felony under California law.
- Health and Safety Code Section 11379.6 HS manufacturing of “Dangerous drugs” such as PCP, LSD, Ketamine and Methamphetamine is a felony under California law.
The Law Office of Bradley S. Sandler A Professional Corporation provides skilled and efficient help and is a premier Drug Crimes attorney. Call 310-246-3900 or contact me at email@example.com to schedule a consultation at my Beverly Hills office.